Nowadays, essential oils are mainly used for their beautiful scents, but many don’t know they can be used for other purposes. They have properties that can help heal you mentally, physically and emotionally. The following is a list of some essential oils and their use:
- Tea Tree Oil: It is distilled from a plant called Melaleuca Alternifolia. This essential oil can be used topically for acne or fungus and has great results.
- Lavender: It can be used for relaxation purposes. A few drops of this essential oil can help significantly lower the level of stress hormones produced by your body. You may also use it to reduce the appearance of skin irritation, bruises, and cuts.
- Peppermint: This essential oil has many properties and can be taken internally. Studies show simply inhaling peppermint oil can increase mental accuracy by 28%. It also helps to cleanse and stimulate the mind, increase alertness, and can help with indigestion.
- Frankincense: Not only can it be used to help you relax, but it also helps fight depression and inflammation, and promotes immunity.
- Oregano: Has antibacterial properties that help fight the flu and other illnesses. It can be used topically.
- Lemon: This essential oil is great for acne, increasing concentration and even get rid of fleas on your pets.
- Eucalyptus: This oil should never be used topically (unless diluted) or ingested. It has antibacterial properties that promote a stronger immune system, helps relieve muscle soreness, and can clear up congested nostrils.