Blood pressure is self explanatory: it is the pressure of the blood in the circulatory system.Your blood pressure is recorded as two numbers:
- Systolic blood pressure (the upper number) — indicates how much pressure your blood is exerting against your artery walls when the heart beats.
- Diastolic blood pressure (the lower number) — indicates how much pressure your blood is exerting against your artery walls while the heart is resting between beats.
- Limit alcohol to no more than 2 drinks a day, and if possible avoid it
- Avoid sugary/fried foods
- Exercise, build muscle
- Keep Vitamin D levels above 75 nmol/L
- Try not to consume red meats or processed meats & foods
- Try to avoid smoking and reduce your exposure to air pollutants