The Basic STD discount online blood lab test package consists of 5 STD tests to see if you have been exposed to Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- HIV Blood Test - 4th Generation with Reflex Testing
- Chlamydia & Gonorrhea Urine Test *
- Herpes Simplex Virus for 1 & 2 type specific
- Syphilis Blood Test (RPR) with Reflex Testing
Note: If you need Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C testing in addition to the above tests, please order our Ultimate STD Test at a discount.
Expect results in approximately 2-3 business days.
Please see "Additional Details" for important information on the individual blood lab tests that make-up this package.
Preparation: No special preparation is needed. Fasting is not required for this blood test. In general, being well hydrated (drinking plenty of water before the blood draw) will help make your veins somewhat easier to locate and access for the blood draw.
* Note: this is a first void test which means that you should not urinate for at least one hour prior to specimen collection.
Please be advised, that our services are strictly self pay and are not eligible for submission as a claim to your health insurance provider. However, you can submit the receipt for reimbursement to many Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts for reimbursement.
Sample of Basic STD test
The Basic STD Test online blood lab test package contains all these tests:
- HIV Blood Test: This is the most common test for HIV. HIV antibodies by ICMA with HIV-1/HIV-2 supplemental antibody confirmation. If ICMA results are repeatedly positive, reflex to supplemental differentiation assay will be performed at no additional charge. Once the immune system recognizes HIV, it responds by producing antibodies. This antibody response can start to show as early as 3-4 weeks. By 6 weeks, 95-97% of people infected with HIV would most likely show a detectable antibody response. At 3 months, this test is considered conclusive for a healthy individual. Persons with an immune deficiency may want to wait 6 months from the exposure, or see your physician about a special test which is not dependent on antibody production.
- Chlamydia & Gonorrhea Urine Test: This is a urine test that uses advanced technology (nucleic acid amplification) and is recommended by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention. It replaces a culture test as the "gold standard" test for Chlamydia & Gonorrhoeae. The average incubation period for detection, that is the period of time you could get a false negative test results, of Chlamydia is typically from a few days to a few weeks after a contact. The average incubation period for detection of Gonorrhea is typically from a few days to a few weeks after a contact.
- Herpes Simplex - Type Specific for I & II: This blood screening test (HSV Type 1 & 2-specific Ab,IgG) detects Type I and II antibodies. Type I usually casues cold sore on the lips.
HSV Type II usually causes sores in the genital area (genital herpes). Type II antibodies develop after at least 4 weeks (but usually longer) from exposure to the infection. A positive for herpes II means the test found signs of type II herpes antibodies, but it doesn’t tell us whether or not you’ve ever had, or will ever have, a genital herpes outbreak. The test results for herpes fall within a numeric range, which can be a bit confusing. A value of 0.9 or less is negative. A value above 1.1 is positive, though a very low level positive could be a false positive. In the event of an unexpected positive test result, you will need to consult your physician who will likely order additional testing.
- Syphilis Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR): This blood test looks for the antibodies produced in response to being infected with the Syphilis bacterium. Secondary confirmation testing is automatically done with initial positive results at no extra charge. Syphilis has an incubation period of between 9 days and 3 months (the average is 21 days), and most individuals show detectable antibody levels by 6 weeks. Positive results should be followed up with a physician. He will likely recommend a repeat or different test for confirmation.
Free Pre and Post counseling is available for all STD testing. To set up this service, call 703.534.6766 before ordering your STD test. If you have a positive STD result, you will need to consult your own physician for a diagnosis, follow-up testing and treatment including prescriptive service.
Please enter details below to search the lab nearest to you.