If you are diabetic or pre-diabetic, it is very important to monitor your blood sugar levels. Below are a list of tests that are recommended for people with diabetes. Talk to your health provider to discuss how frequently you should get these tests and to address your results with a plan of action to keep your diabetes under control.
- A1c Blood Test – The blood test shows the average amount of glucose (sugar) that is in your blood during the past 2-3 months. This test provides an indicator on how well your glucose is being managed.
- Glucose (sugar)– Fasting values are usually high in diabetes. Certain drugs, such as thyroid, diuretic, and birth control pills as well as recent intake of food, can elevate glucose levels.
- Blood Lipid Test – This blood test checks for various fats in your blood such as LDL, HDL, cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Kidney Function Test – Diabetes can damage the kidneys this test screens for kidney problems before they become severe.
Keep your diabetes under control in order to prevent or delay damage caused by high blood sugar. Order your own blood tests to monitor your sugar. The typical costs for each of these tests is relatively small. All three tests should cost you less than $99*
and can easily be ordered online with results ready for review by the next day. Take control of your health today.
Take control of your health.
* Note – current special for Diabetes Tests: A1c, Microalbumin, Lipid, CMP
is $99 at the time of this posting
Medical Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for informational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. The reader should always consult his or her health care provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for their own situation or if they have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan. The writer is not a physician or other health provider.